DrainCel® drainage cell provides the perfect solution for sub-soil drainage.
The idea solution for creating a successful roof garden, without any traditional problems associated with cracking or leakage. Drainage cells provide a consistent surface as well as an internal void space for the successful draining of excess water.
Polyfabrics 30mm DrainCel® drainage cell system has a unique diamond cup structure that provides water retention for passive irrigation and helps build a perch water table in the above soil profile for the vegetation to flourish in prolonged dry periods.
30mm drainage cell System
Made from recycled Polypropylene and is inert to soil-borne chemicals and bacteria. The shallow and efficient drainage profile helps landscapers to make use of mature plants on roof gardens and similar landscape applications, which needs soil depth and water retention properties.
Australian high summer temperatures can cause thermal expansion in concrete and can cause waterproofing to crack, DrainCel® due to its unique design and void properties enables this heat to escape and hence reduce the risk of cracking, enhancing building life.
DRAINAGE CELL BENEFITS:
- Extremely high compressive load-carrying capacity of up to >135 tons/m2.
- Very high lateral flow capacity.
- Preserves the actual void size for effective drainage after backfill and compaction.
- Flexible fit-in system is easy to cut and comes in pre-clipped panels.
- Sturdy lightweight design, only 3.2 kg/sqm compared to 250 kgs/sqm of gravel for the same efficient drainage.
- Reduces depth of cover and allows the use of mature planting in shallow conditions.
- Creates a rest water table, providing idyllic moist conditions for plant growth.
- Reduces hydrostatic forces upon sub-grade walls.
- Reduce the risk of waterproofing cracking due to thermal expansion in hot periods.
- Environmentally friendly product, made from selected recycled polypropylene
- Recharges groundwater table through the principle of infiltration when used on organic ground surface.
- Lightweight design means no heavy machinery or skilled labour required.
- Site space utilisation and minimum site disruption.
Subsurface Drainage Cell Solutions
Drainage Cell is an ideal structural and lightweight system designed for planter box and roof garden applications. It allows optimal growing conditions for vegetation through the removal of excess water. Excess water is removed and the soil retains an optimal moisture content.
Drainage Cell is also very effective in vertical wall drainage applications as it had a high void ratio and flow rate, while maintaining excellent compressive strength.