DRAINmasta DrainCel® – 30mm is an ideal structural and lightweight system designed for planter box and roof garden applications. It allows optimal growing conditions for vegetation through ideal moisture conditions and aeration. Only excess water is removed and the soil profile retains a high moisture content.
Drainage Cell features water storage cups used for passive irrigation and due to the structural design of the cell, a void space is created, providing aeration and promoting growth for root systems. It will also function as a protective membrane for waterproofing on concrete slabs, walls and provide ventilation for concrete slabs, alleviating heat-induced stress and cracking.
- Extremely high compressive load-carrying capacity of up to >135 tons/m².
- Very high lateral flow capacity.
- Preserves the actual void size for effective drainage after backfill and compaction.
- Flexible fit-in system is easy to cut and comes in pre-clipped panels.
- Sturdy lightweight design, only 3.2 kg/sqm compared to 250 kgs/sqm of gravel for the same efficient drainage.
- Reduces depth of cover and allows the use of mature planting in shallow conditions.
- Creates a rest water table, providing idyllic moist conditions for plant growth.
- Reduces hydrostatic forces upon sub-grade walls.
- Reduce the risk of waterproofing cracking due to thermal expansion in hot periods.
- Environmentally friendly product, made from selected recycled polypropylene
- Recharges groundwater table through the principle of infiltration when used on organic ground surface.
- Lightweight design means no heavy machinery or skilled labour required.
- Site space utilisation and minimum site disruption.
Drainage Cell is an ideal structural and lightweight system designed for planter box and roof garden applications. It allows optimal growing conditions for vegetation through the removal of excess water. Excess water is removed and the soil retains an optimal moisture content.
Drainage Cell is also very effective in vertical wall drainage applications as it had a high void ratio and flow rate, while maintaining excellent compressive strength.
- Roof Top Gardens
- Retaining Walls
- Underground Water Retention
- Planter Boxes
- Sports Fields
Meet the Team
Raymond Chow has been involved with the geosynthetics industry for over 15 years. Graduating with a First Class Honours degree in Civil Engineering at the University of Sydney, Raymond specialiSes in retaining wall designs, soft ground improvement, channel and slope protection, and on-site storm water management.
Raymond has been on various technical committees addressing geosynthetics, including testing, specification and durability issues.
Join our next session by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Polyfabrics' integration in Regional Victoria's stormwater project showcased innovative management and batter stabilisation, offering sustainable solutions and setting a new benchmark in environmental project handling, ensuring both ecological integrity and infrastructural durability in urban development.
Read how Polyfabrics helped transform Wandana Gully, with innovative erosion control and landscape design, using HDPE Eroweb and Tecmat products for stabilisation, ensuring a vibrant, safe community space and protecting local biodiversity.
Read how we successfully tackled slope stability and erosion control challenges at a horse ranch by utilising our SeedMat TRM. Instead of an expensive MSE retaining wall, we proposed lengthening the slope and installing the durable synthetic mat. This innovative solution resulted in significant cost savings, with expenses under $5,000 compared to the original estimate…